Interpreting and analyzing dreams can be great fun for the adventurous dreamer. Simply keeping a dream journal for a few days can sometimes provide you with valuable insights into both the meaning of your dreams and unresolved issues in your waking life.
Dream interpretation can even be part of many people’s careers. In particular, therapists and psychologists often used dream analysis as part of their practices, especially when working with people who suffer nightmares as a result of trauma and stress.
This article though will take a more lighthearted approach to dream interpretation. Let’s start with an examination of the colors often seen in dreams, and what those colors may symbolize.
Dreaming in color
Most dreamers report dreaming in color at least some of the time, and for many, the colors encountered in the dream world are even more vivid than those encountered in the real world. A quick dream color quick is listed below.
- Pink – Pink is generally understood to be a symbol of love, and dreaming of pink objects can symbolize a happy love affair.
- Red – Red has several different meanings, including passion and anger. The actual meaning of red objects in a dream is dependent on their context within the dream.
- Black – Black is often seen as a negative symbol. Black can symbolize a void in the dreamer’s life or a fear of death or aging.
- Grey – Grey is a color midway between black and white, and therefore grey is often seen as a symbol of fear or of confusion. People struggling with an important decision will often dream in shades of grey.
- White – White is generally understood to be a symbol of purity, but like black it can also symbolize a fear of aging or death. Dreaming of white objects can also indicate a fear of change or of new surroundings.
- Green – Green can be a symbol of the yearning for spiritual or physical renewal, or for growth and healing.
- Blue – Blue can often symbolize spirituality, but in some circumstances, it can indicate sadness as well. To understand the true meaning, it is important to look at the context of the dream.
- Yellow – Yellow is often seen as a symbol of calm, peace, and hope. Yellow is the color of sunshine, and dreams of yellow are often sunny happy dreams.
Dreams about numbers
Numerologists probably have their own interpretations of every possible number encountered in a dream, and every number can mean several different things depending on the context of the specific dreams. Many people put great stock in dreams about numbers, even going so far as to play those numbers in the lottery. While we can’t guarantee you a winning lottery ticket, we can provide some common explanations for dream numbers.
- One – The number one can be a symbol of wholeness or unity. Dreaming of the number one could mean that you feel your life is complete.
- Two – The number two can stand for balance, such as spiritual balance. Dreaming of the number two could indicate life in balance.
- Three – Three is one of the most commonly seen numbers in dreams, and it is often thought to symbolize spiritual fulfillment, harmony, or unity.
- Five – The number five can be an indication of an upcoming change. How the number is encountered in the dream could indicate whether the change in your real life is welcomed or feared.